Friday, June 25, 2010

80% off at Smiths!

I LOVE Smiths. I had the greatest trip today at the Provo Smiths. They had just about everything I was looking for- no $.09 Bounty or FREE Wacky Macs- but everything else. Hooray! I wasn't able to get there Wed morning and I am so glad now I didn't fight the crazy couponer crowd.

Smiths has a deal going this whole week (ends Tues) where they are making any coupon less than a dollar worth $1, so a $.25 coupon is magically a $1 coupon. A $1 coupon is still $1. E-coupons are NOT rounding up.

I know this is a bunch of junk, but the poll date on those fruit snacks is over a year away. Sweet! Plus, there is good stuff in there too, if you can see it past the chips and pizza rolls: shredded cheese, baggies, dish soap, Light string cheese. I like that I bought the light version. Oh my gosh! I'm totally that lady at the convenience store, buying the nasty old hot dog, chips, donuts, candy, and the DIET cola. Because every calorie counts!

Really though, we like the Light Frigo better. It's delicious! Come on, you know me better then to think I would actually buy something because it's better for you.


Retails: $112.48
Total Spent: $22.84
Percent Off: 80%

How did I do it?

Smiths also has a promotion they're calling the Daytona 500 promo where when you buy 10 select items you get $3 off instantly, basically a $.30 per item discount.

I have loaded e-coupons onto my card from the following places: cellfire, shortcuts, and softcoin. All you do is select the coupons you want. They are linked to your Smiths card so when you check out they automatically come off.

Items in the Daytona Promo:

Totinos Pizza Rolls, reg. $2.29
- on sale $.95 with promotion
- used $.35 coupon from 5/30 GM newspaper
- coupon is magically $1 as part of the Coupon Rounding
- FREE!

Betty Crocker Fruit by the Foot, Gushers, Rollups, Rollups w/Stickers, reg. $2.99
- on sale $1.69 w/promotion
- used the these coupons from different links: .50/2, .50/2, .50/2, .50/2, .50/2,
- coupon is magically $1 as part of the Coupon Rounding
- also used .50/2, 50/2, and .50/2 e-coupons: load them all! (i had 5 of these on my card from past months)
- $.94
- plus if you buy these in multiples, a catalina (like a gift card) prints that you can use on anything in the store. 3 items- $1.50, 4 items- $2.50, 5 or more- $3.50
- factoring in the $3.50 catalina, each box is
- $.36!!!
I bought 12 boxes in 2 transactions: 6 at a time with 4 other items in the promo. That way I got the $3.50 catalina twice! I then used those catalinas to help pay for everything else in a 3rd transaction.

Trix, reg. $3.29
- on sale $2.29 w/promo
- used $1 coupon that came with samples in the newspaper a month or two ago
- used $.55 e-coupon
- $.44!

Kroger Cheese, 8 oz, reg. $2.19
- on sale $.95 w/promo
- used $.75 coupon that came in the mail from Smiths
- $.58!

Country Time Lemonade, reg. $3.99
- on sale $.99 w/promo
- used $.50 e-coupon
- $.49!


Non Daytona Promo Items

Dial soap, reg. $1.64
- used $.35 coupon from 6/13 RP
- coupon is magically $1 as part of the Coupon Rounding
- FREE!!!

Dawn dish soap, $1.49
- used $.25 coupon from 6/6 PG newspaper
- coupon is magically $1 as part of the Coupon Rounding
- $.49!

Yoplait Greek yogurt, reg. $1.19
- used $.30 coupon here and here
- coupon is magically $1 as part of the Coupon Rounding
- $.19!

Clorox Bleach, reg. $2.19
- used $.25 coupon from 6/6 RP newspaper
- coupon is magically $1 as part of the Coupon Rounding
- $.99!

Goldfish, reg. $2.18
- on sale $1.25
- used $.50 coupon previously available online
- used $.75 e-coupon
- I bought 2 so,
- $.25-$.50 each!

Puffs tissue, reg. $1.69
- used $.50 coupon from mail
- coupon is magically $1 as part of the Coupon Rounding
- $.69

Frigo String Cheese, reg. $5.99
- on sale $2.97
- used $.50 coupon from 5/2 SS newspaper
- coupon is magically $1 as part of the Coupon Rounding
- $1.97!

Ziploc baggies, reg. $2.99
- used $.40 coupon 6/16 SS newspaper
- coupon is magically $1 as part of the Coupon Rounding
- $1.50

Cheetos, reg. $2.73
- on sale $1.68
- used $1 coupon from 5/9 SS newspaper (when I looked up where this coupon came from I realized that the coupon says '1 per customer' so I really should have only used 1. oops)
- used B2G1 FREE coupon hanging on the endcap with these chips
- $.45!!

compiled list from pinchingyourpennies thread, their GrocerySmarts list, and savvysistershops

this sale ends Tuesday night


Money Left for the Month: $10.61

No comments:

Post a Comment