Thursday, September 10, 2009

Well, aren't I a slacker?

So yes, I have been shopping in the last week. I just haven't posted. I'm telling you, I am BEAT this pregnancy.

Also, these are not impressive in the "good deals" department. I needed things and had to pay full price/close to full price for some things. This is what I get for not shopping for a month. I am just not as stocked as I should be. But the good news is that I've got a lot of what I've needed. I do still need to get canning lids, yeast, some seasonings, cornstarch, and I think that's it.

I hit Albertsons because I forgot my lemon juice went in the garbage with the broken fridge and I was canning tomatoes from the garden. I got a big thing of that and a gallon of whole milk. (sorry, no picture!)

Total Spent: $5.03
Retails: $5.85
Percent Off: 14%

Maceys
Total Spent: $23.36
(I have no idea what this would have rung up full price. I probably only got about 30-40% off-ish between sales and coupons)



Buy Low
I got 3 packages of diapers, 3 pairs of Scotch scissors, 2 1/2 pounds of apples, over 2 lbs of grapes, 2 lbs of bananas, a head of lettuce, and 4 pounds of bacon from the meat counter.

Retails: $51.69
Total Spent: $26.89
Percent Off: 48%

I love that my total was less than the regular price on just the diapers! (darn those stinky things- they are so expensive, even on sale with coupons!)


Smiths
This picture is deceiving. I hit the wall, that bad, bad, light-headed, sick-to-my-stomach place in the check out line. I looked down to find Sam entertaining himself with the WAY overpriced fancy treats and had even gotten one open and was playing with the actual sucker. Super. I got us out into the car, Sam buckled in, the groceries put in the back and realized I forgot to 1. price out what the items would have been regularly priced and 2. buy water. I took some deep breaths, undid the sticky, sticky baby, threw him in the front of the cart and headed back in. So let's just say I am lucky I have a picture at all. The picture isn't accurate because I'm splitting some of this stuff with my sister and sister-in-law. (Do you love that you are privileged to so much useless information about my life? Who cares? But yet I keep sharing...)

I got 10 cans of chicken broth, 18 cans of mandarin oranges, 5 pounds of Tillamook cheese (it matters), a gallon of whole milk, a gallon of skim, 11 5 lb bags of flour, 12 cans of pinto beans, 2 free candy bars, and of course a sticky, overpriced sucker, and a 24 pack of bottled water. Oh yeah, and 6 rolls on clearance.

Retails: $79.18
Total Spent: $52.37
Percent Off: 34%

While the percentage off isn't fabulous, these items are basics that hardly ever go on sale and I'm almost out/completely out of.

I'm kicking myself because I didn't use a $5/$60 purchase I have in my Entertainment book. Darn it all. I wonder if they would give it to my if I went back in?

Is anyone still reading this?

Money Left for the Month: $92.35

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading it. Good work, Joy! I'm sorry you still aren't feeling well.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy I'm reading! I missed you while you were barfing! I have always hated shopping while I'm pregnant. I stay sick the whole time and the grocery store always does me in. I'm impressed you are still bargain shopping! I would only go in and grab what I needed and leave no matter what it cost! -Jessica R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I have started collecting coupons and I have also bought a printer ( not just for this but school mostly, this is just a perk! and a way for me to justify it even more!) Colorado Pinching your pennies is a little frustrating because nobody ever posts on it. But hip2save is pretty cool. Anyway, I just wanted to share my progress...

    ReplyDelete