Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Domestic Joy


I have been preoccupied this last week or so. Between my super nice friend that has a nectarine, peach, and pear tree, and my own produce, I have been canning and storing up food like crazy.

Not that you care, but because I can, I am going to tell you what I've done the last bit:
  • a bunch of nectarine jam (more like syrup. I have the worst time with that...)
  • a bunch of cinnamon peach jam
  • 4 pints pear butter
  • 4 quarts and 3 pints pears
  • 12 quarts peaches
  • 9 pints diced tomatoes
  • 3 brown grocery bags of green tomatoes ready to ripen (the first frost is coming tomorrow here)
  • huge freezer bag full of diced green and purple bell peppers
  • a big bowl overflowing with ripe tomatoes, ready to be turned into spaghetti sauce

Plus I still have tons of carrots and onions in the garden, ready to be chopped/diced and frozen. Not that we planted them, but we won't be buying pumpkins again this year. Last count we have 8. Pumpkin seeds anyone?

Now the trick is finding a place for everything in my postage stamp sized house...

No comments:

Post a Comment