Thursday, September 17, 2009

maceys

I am loving the case lot sales this year. There have been some good deals on basics and Maceys doesn't make you buy the case to get the good price.

I actually got one more can of tomato sauce, but we used it for dinner. I love that Mexican-ish meal. We call it mexican casserole, but I don't bake it. I just throw in my skillet whatever I have around: ground beef with onion and bell peppers, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa, (or enchilada sauce) beans, green chilies, corn, lots of chili powder, garlic, and cumin. I serve it over chips and lettuce with cheese and sour cream for the top. Super quick and easy. It reminds me of that SNL quote, "You know what happens when you eat a bowl full of chili, don't you?... It fills you up." Let's just say, this meal fills you up.

Back to the deals. Looky here! I cleared off my table so the food has returned there! Whoo hoo!


Retails: $39.17
Total Spent: $18.14
Percent Off: 54%

How did I do it:
  • compiled list from pinchingyourpennies
  • only bought what was on sale
  • didn't use any coupons, which has been a theme lately. The cooking basics rarely have coupons and so I buy them at my price point, the price I'm willing to pay for them. This is the season in Utah for case lot sales, a great thing I hear they don't have in other places. It's a way for stores to get us to over-buy to build up food storage. Good job stores.
Money Left for the Month: $30.58

No comments:

Post a Comment