Monday, September 14, 2009

Walmart. Hooray.

It is no secret that I'm not a fan of Walmart, but I cannot resist their low prices. When I'm running out of something and there is no sale coming soon I head there, darn it all. This was actually a decent trip. I did wander around looking for a few things but it wasn't too bad. This may have something to do with the fact that I bought an 80 pack of Dumdum suckers (full price, mind you) and Sam may or may not have had 3 in the store. A wonderful invention, Dumdums, and one that will accompany us on many a future shopping trip. Best $2 I ever spent.

Also, can I say how excited I am about owning quart sized canning jars, because I am. What a sad place I am in, to be excited about canning stuff. I need a hobby or something.


Retails: $40.81
Total Spent: $26.87
Percent Off: 33%

Oh, and I also bought a corn dog that's not pictured. Sorry. We were hungry!

How did I do it?
  • Compiled my list from hip2save
  • only bought what I had coupons for, except the wipes where the store brand was cheaper than the name brand with coupons. And the Dumdums and corn dog, of course. Those jars were the killer in my total. Everything else was free/real cheap. They ended up being $7 something each with coupon.
  • used $13.35 in coupons.
Money Left for the Month: $65.48

No comments:

Post a Comment