Monday, July 6, 2009

Walmart

On Saturday we had to get a new microwave so we went to Walmart. Hurray. While we were there, I picked up a few things we needed and some we didn't for the 4th. I, being the organized person I am, did not take a picture, so you're going to have to use your imagination. Also, you'll notice my percentage off was very low.

I think now is a good time to talk about how percent off doesn't actually mean anything, how the important thing is paying a very low price for what you're getting. If I buy something at Albertsons, my percentage off will be fabulous because they are so darn overpriced to start with. Walmart is considerably cheaper, so my price point (the price I'm willing to pay for something) is reached without coupons sometimes. Does that make sense? It sure helps rationalize everything for me so I feel better about posting this!

I got a gallon of whole milk, a dozen eggs, a big bag of Jolly Ranchers, and 2 theater sized boxes of candy.

Retails: $7.97
Total Spent: $6.22
Percent Off: 22%

How did I do it?
  • coupons: $.75
  • sales: $.53
  • price matching: $.42
Money Left for the Month: $191.30

No comments:

Post a Comment