Wednesday, July 8, 2009

late night Albies run

FYI: the following is yet another pointless shopping story. Skip to the picture if you don't want to be annoyed.

Late last night I went to Albertsons to use my double coupons before they expired- I really needed fels naptha soap (I make my own laundry soap- super easy and cheap) and was excited to get my $.35 coupon doubled. Incidentally, who makes $.35 coupons? Really?

I got there and guess what? They don't carry fels naptha. I was positive Albertsons did. Nope. I wandered around for a LONG time trying to figure out what I was going to get because all of my ideas were not on the shelf. After FOREVER I finally had 3 things to double when I realized I left my doublers at home. Needless to say, this was not a good trip. However, I did come away with yet more Mac & Cheese. (to my defense, it was free.)


Retails: $22.93
Total Spent: $1.36
Percent Off: 94%

Plus I have $2 in catalinas to use on anything in the store in the next 2 weeks!


How did I do it?
  • compiled list from Pinching Your Pennies
  • sales: $9.48
  • coupons: $11.00, including 2 free Flatbread coupons, $3 in catalinas, and a Buy 3 mac and cheese, get 1 free coupon
  • when you buy 6 mac and cheese, it spits out a $2 catalina (like a gift card)
Money Left for the Month: $179.22

No comments:

Post a Comment