Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Just for Grandma Kelley

Well Grandma, here's your Sam. Happy? 

Besides being a brat, I wanted to show my Walgreen's trip so you can see how you really can get health/beauty items for SO CHEAP. This stuff is expensive and has killed me in the past. 

I got Pantene Shampoo, Conditioner, and Hairspray: regularly around $5 each
   *Shampoo/Conditioner on sale for 2/$8
   *used 2 $1 coupons (now 2/$6)
   *used Buy Shampoo & Conditioner get 1 Hair Product Free coupon (now 3/$6)
   * submitted rebate on Walgreens for $3
   * final price 3/$3
 
e-sen-cia by Samy Conditioner: $5.99
   * submitted a rebate from e-sen-cia for full purchase price that is on a tag right on the bottle
   * final price FREE

Jergens self tanner (we all know I should buy this by the bushel!) (I just said "bushel." someone punch me.): regularly $8.99
   * on clearance for $4.59
   * used $1 coupon
   * final price $3.59

2 bags Easter Sweetarts jelly beans: regularly about $3ish?
   * on sale 
   * used store coupon (now $1.50 a bag)
   * used $1 off 2 bags coupon
   * final price $1 a bag
 
2 bags Easter M&M: regularly $3.29 each 
   * on sale $2.50 a bag
   * used store coupon $1/2 (now $2 each)
   * used $1 off 2 bags coupon
   * final price $1.50 a bag

All this would have retailed for about $42.
   * I got about $10 off from the sales
   * I got another $10 off from coupons
   * I paid with a Register Reward coupon (like a gift card I got from a previous purchase) that was $10.
   * I paid $11.39 out of pocket for everything above and the best part is
   * I will get $9 back from the rebates, meaning the trip only cost me $2.39!

that's 95% off. 

Nice. By the way, for the 1 person actually still reading this, thank you very much. Matt's already heard this 3 times and he's beginning(?) to look a bit glazed.

1 comment:

  1. My Husband is the same I tell him what I got free and he looks glazed too. He doesn't read my blog, but that's okay because I write it for myself. I love knowing what I saved every week and that is what matters :)

    ReplyDelete