Monday, March 23, 2009

I love Albertsons

I really truly feel I need to again apologize, but just know that I can't help it. I HAVE to tell everyone I know (or make eye contact with) what deals I'm getting. Please stop checking my blog if you want to throw something at me with every new posting. I will not stop any time soon. I would hate to be the reason your blood pressure shoots up. 

That being said, if you would have asked me last year how I felt about Albertsons, I would not have been too positive. They are so expensive! I've always cherry picked there, but my, I am LOVING them these days. They just have the best sales. In the Sunday paper there were 4 double coupons and since I get 3 papers that means I got 12! Woo Hoo! (those of you outside of Utah can't complain- we didn't get any doublers in our ad last week)
All of this would have retailed at $38. I spent $4.04! That's 89% off by the way.
(the cashier was so great- he totally was impressed)

Here's the break down:
*3 bags Hershey's Easter Bliss Eggs: regularly $4.99 each
-on sale for $3
-used 3 $1 coupons (x 2 with the double coupons)
-$1 each

* 2 Del Monte Fruit Cups: regularly $1.99 each (these are by the produce and are DELICIOUS)
  -on sale for $1.67 (sale is not marked) 
-used 2 $1 coupons (x 2)
-made 33 cents each!

*Muir Glen Organic tomato paste: regularly $1.59 each 
-used $1 coupon (x 2)
-made 41 cents!

*3 Dan Active Drink: regularly $3.19
-on sale for $2.00
-used 3 $1 coupons (x 2)
-free!

*3 Dentyne Gum: regularly $1.39 each
  -used $.75 coupon
  -made 11 cents each! (because I really need more gum...)

*Jimmy Dean Sausage: regularly $4.99
-clearance to $1.99

No comments:

Post a Comment